Tuesday 3 May 2016

The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater: Review


4 stars

I preferred the first book, but I still really enjoyed this instalment, despite some pacing issues and my frustration with the repetitive story arc of Adam's character (although later on in the novel, Adam grew somewhat interesting).

 'The Dream Thieves' primarily explores Ronan's story, which I greatly appreciated as Ronan is possibly my favourite character in the series. He's just awesome. It also introduces a new character to the table, the enigmatic Gray Man, who I wasn't fully invested in unfortunately, although I really liked the way Stiefvater described his off-kilter yet pragmatic thoughts. Although the mystery was frustratingly vague at times, I appreciated how gradually some magical elements came together to shine a light on what exactly is going on this weird paranormal world. Though of course many questions are left unanswered.

Beautifully written as always, and I can't wait to read the 3rd book and see these wonderful characters again

No comments:

Post a Comment