Sunday 1 May 2016

Introductions

Hello and welcome everyone!

Thanks for clicking on this blog. How are you doing? Hope you're having a good day!


After fumbling around on goodreads and booksamino for a while, I've finally decided to take the plunge and write my own book blog. It's been a dream of mine since I was 10 years old, and 8 years on, I'm finally turning my aspirations into reality.


So without further ado, allow me to introduce myself!


Some bookish facts about me


1) I love literary fiction, magical realism, fantasy and YA but am open to most genres
2) My favourite books are too numerous to mention here but include The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov and The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss
3) Japanese literature is a great interest of mine
4) I adore the weird, the bizarre, the grotesque and the experimental. I like to see some creativity in a book: something different and new.
5) As a 2 year old, I used to chew books all the time. They were an essential part of my diet. So of course my parents always knew I'd turn out to be a bookworm
6) Cormac McCarthy is a gift to literature, in my humble opinion
7) I don't generally like books about sport. I'm pretty much allergic to the whole idea of sports, seeing as I never leave the couch
8) I am a shameless book-sniffer
9) I own nearly 200 unread books. Oops
10) I am not embarrassed to say that arranging my bookcase into alphabetical order is one of the greatest pleasures in my life


Random facts

1) I live in the English countryside. My world encompasses mud, mud and more mud. And a lot of cow pats.
2) Who needs to party on a Friday night when you've got Gogglebox at 9, a book, and cake?
3) Film is my second love after reading.
4) South Korean cinema is my jam
5) I am eager to raise awareness about mental health 
6) I've nearly completed my A-Levels. Actually, I should be revising for them now as my exams are only a month away. But instead I've decided to create this blog. That's true dedication (or more accurately, procrastination) right there.

If you got to the end of this, congratulations for sticking with me! Thanks for reading and I'll be back soon to properly kick off this blog!


Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment